The government of Djibouti seized the Doraleh Container Terminal from UAE based DP World. In doing so the theives governing Djibouti unilaterally breached a 30 year contract they entered into with DP World in 2006 allowing the firm to develop the port out of nothing and operate the port as part of their enterprise. Operations at the port began in 2009. (archived)
Today the US House Intelligence Committee released a memo damning the FBI over their extralegal political sabotage aimed at handicapping US President Donald Trump through electoral interference which began back when the now President was a mere candidate for office. The full text is available below:
January 18, 2018
To: HPSCI Majority Members
From: HPSCI Majority Staff
Subject: Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act Abuses at the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation
This memorandum provides Members an update on significant facts relating to the Committee’s ongoing investigation into the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and their use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) during the 2016 presidential election cycle. Our findings, which are detailed below, 1) raise concerns with the legitimacy and legality of certain DOJ and FBI interactions with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), and 2) represent a troubling breakdown of legal processes established to protect the American people from abuses related to the FISA process.
On October 21, 2016, DOJ and FBI sought and received a FISA probable cause order (not under Title VII) authorizing electronic surveillance on Carter Page from the FISC. Page is a U.S. citizen who served as a volunteer advisor to the Trump presidential campaign. Consistent with requirements under FISA, the application had to be first certified by the Director or Deputy Director of the FBI. It then required the approval of the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General (DAG), or the Senate-confirmed Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division.
The FBI and DOJ obtained one initial FISA warrant targeting Carter Page and three FISA renewals from the FISC. As required by statute (50 U.S.C. §,1805(d)(l)), a FISA order on an American citizen must be renewed by the FISC every 90 days and each renewal requires a separate finding of probable cause. Then-Director James Comey signed three FISA applications in question on behalf of the FBI, and Deputy Director Andrew McCabe signed one. Then-DAG Sally Yates, then-Acting DAG Dana Boente, and DAG Rod Rosenstein each signed one or more FISA applications on behalf of DOJ.
Due to the sensitive nature of foreign intelligence activity, FISA submissions (including renewals) before the FISC are classified. As such, the public’s confidence in the integrity of the FISA process depends on the court’s ability to hold the government to the highest standard—particularly as it relates to surveillance of American citizens. However, the FISC’s rigor in protecting the rights of Americans, which is reinforced by 90-day renewals of surveillance orders, is necessarily dependent on the government’s production to the court of all material and relevant facts. This should include information potentially favorable to the target of the FISA application that is known by the government. In the case of Carter Page, the government had at least four independent opportunities before the FISC to accurately provide an accounting of the relevant facts. However, our findings indicate that, as described below, material and relevant information was omitted.
1) The “dossier” compiled by Christopher Steele (Steele dossier) on behalf of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the Hillary Clinton campaign formed an essential part of the Carter Page FISA application. Steele was a longtime FBI source who was paid over $160,000 by the DNC and Clinton campaign, via the law firm Perkins Coie and research firm Fusion GPS, to obtain derogatory information on Donald Trump’s ties to Russia.
a) Neither the initial application in October 2016, nor any of the renewals, disclose or reference the role of the DNC, Clinton campaign, or any party/campaign in funding Steele’s efforts, even though the political origins of the Steele dossier were then known to senior DOJ and FBI officials.
b) The initial FISA application notes Steele was working for a named U.S. person, but does not name Fusion GPS and principal Glenn Simpson, who was paid by a U.S. law firm (Perkins Coie) representing the DNC (even though it was known by DOJ at the time that political actors were involved with the Steele dossier). The application does not mention Steele was ultimately working on behalf of—and paid by—the DNC and Clinton campaign, or that the FBI had separately authorized payment to Steele for the same information.
2) The Carter Page FISA application also cited extensively a September 23, 2016, Yahoo News article by Michael Isikoff, which focuses on Page’s July 2016 trip to Moscow. This article does not corroborate the Steele dossier because it is derived from information leaked by Steele himself to Yahoo News. The Page FISA application incorrectly assesses that Steele did not directly provide information to Yahoo News. Steele has admitted in British court filings that he met with Yahoo News—and several other outlets—in September 2016 at the direction of Fusion GPS. Perkins Coie was aware of Steele’s initial media contacts because they hosted at least one meeting in Washington D.C. in 2016 with Steele and Fusion GPS where this matter was discussed.
a) Steele was suspended and then terminated as an FBI source for what the FBI defines as the most serious of violations—an unauthorized disclosure to the media of his relationship with the FBI in an October 30, 2016, Mother Jones article by David Corn. Steele should have been terminated for his previous undisclosed contacts with Yahoo and other outlets in September—before the Page application was submitted to the FISC in October—but Steele improperly concealed from and lied to the FBI about those contacts.
b) Steele’s numerous encounters with the media violated the cardinal rule of source handling—maintaining confidentiality—and demonstrated that Steele had become a less than reliable source for the FBI.
3) Before and after Steele was terminated as a source, he maintained contact with DOJ via then-Associate Deputy Attorney General Bruce Ohr, a senior DOJ official who worked closely with Deputy Attorneys General Yates and later Rosenstein. Shortly after the election, the FBI began interviewing Ohr, documenting his communications with Steele. For example, in September 2016, Steele admitted to Ohr his feelings against then-candidate Trump when Steele said he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.” This clear evidence of Steele’s bias was recorded by Ohr at the time and subsequently in official FBI files—but not reflected in any of the Page FISA applications.
a) During this same time period, Ohr’s wife was employed by Fusion GPS to assist in the cultivation of opposition research on Trump. Ohr later provided the FBI with all of his wife’s opposition research, paid for by the DNC and Clinton campaign via Fusion GPS. The Ohrs’ relationship with Steele and Fusion GPS was inexplicably concealed from the FISC.
4) According to the head of the FBI’s counterintelligence division, Assistant Director Bill Priestap, corroboration of the Steele dossier was in its “infancy” at the time of the initial Page FISA application. After Steele was terminated, a source validation report conducted by an independent unit within FBI assessed Steele’s reporting as only minimally corroborated. Yet, in early January 2017, Director Comey briefed President-elect Trump on a summary of the Steele dossier, even though it was—according to his June 2017 testimony—“salacious and unverified.” While the FISA application relied on Steele’s past record of credible reporting on other unrelated matters, it ignored or concealed his anti-Trump financial and ideological motivations. Furthermore, Deputy Director McCabe testified before the Committee in December 2017 that no surveillance warrant would have been sought from the FISC without the Steele dossier information.
5) The Page FISA application also mentions information regarding fellow Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos, but there is no evidence of any cooperation or conspiracy between Page and Papadopoulos. The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok. Strzok was reassigned by the Special Counsel’s Office to FBI Human Resources for improper text messages with his mistress, FBI Attorney Lisa Page (no known relation to Carter Page), where they both demonstrated a clear bias against Trump and in favor of Clinton, whom Strzok had also investigated. The Strzok/Lisa Page texts also reflect extensive discussions about the investigation, orchestrating leaks to the media, and include a meeting with Deputy Director McCabe to discuss an “insurance” policy against President Trump’s election.
Aung San Suu Kyi, the 1990 Nobel Peace Prize Winner and current State Counsellor Of Myanmar,1 is facing allegations that she has advanced her collection of Peace skills to include genocide. Specifically her government is accused of pursuing peace with the Muslim Rohingya people of Myanmar's coastal Rakhine State by killing them all into a state of peaceful submission.
Within the day, elected United States President Donald Trump is set to deliver what may be the biggest blow to Pantsuit of his Presidency so far. Trump is anticipated to announce the end of Hussein Bahamas "Deferred Action On Child Arrivals" set of executive orders on immigration, with the action to end the program itself being deferred six months. The move would end executive action on an aspect of immigration which is explicitly and constitutionally designated the exclusive domain of the legislature,1 while giving the legislature ample time to decide if they want to implement the measures themselves or not.
Since Trump's election, Pantsuit and their Fake News allies have been conducting substantial marketing including push polls and labelling beneficiaries of the abusive orders with the focus group tested title "Dreamers". Rumours and innuendo suggest Pantsuit is so set on this2 as its Rubicon that deposed former US "strongman" Hussein Bahamas will post a statement to Facebook in response. Zhe is expected to condemn President Trump and label the principle behind zher own past executive overreach "our core values".
Meanwhile, swamp creatures in the US Congress are set to try passing the buck by insisting that "The Congressional Calendar is full", a statement that is only true in the sense that the Congressional Calendar is and always has been full of obstructionist wank. This leaves each member of the US Congress faced with a dilemma, continue pretending Pantsuit and its fake news allies retain any relevance at all or go all in on The Great Again.
The Southern Poverty Law Center has been show to be hoarding donated cash overseas while spending little to nothing outside of executive salaries and fundraising costs. Continue reading
In an op ed, The New York Times is asserting that American corporations, have become the "moral" voice of the United States (archived). These nominally private socialist extensions of the leftist Hussein Bahamas flavored pantsuit USG in exile have become more overtly political since Hussein Bahamas was deposed by elected US President Donald Trump.
These corporations including McDonalds, Walmart, and Microsoft have historically had a symbiotic relationship with the socialist USG with each feeding the other in a cycle that grows more Inca while making any quality of life far more difficult to achieve in the United Soviet of America.
The battle over the Great Again has brought to light numerous truths about the Soviet America which the Soviets would have preferred to conceal, if only their desperation didn't demand they reveal themselves for what they are. The hard truth is that Amazon, Warren Buffett, and McDonalds require socialism and cultural Marxism in a way that not even the most gender weird marijuana laced KKKalifornian university "professor" does. Expect more emergent weird as traditional adversaries like the New York Times and "the corporations" reveal they were in this together the whole time. Soviet America continues thrashing.
Austrian Transport Minister Joerg Leichtfried announced today that a number of car manufacturers have signed the papers to impose software changes on 600,000 diesel vehicles which would lessen their drivability. Despite the fact of these vehicles already having been sold, the manufacturers decided that fucking their customers over by retroactively making the cars shittier in order to satisfy Austrian Transport Minister Joerg Leichtfried (WOT:nonperson) was apparently an acceptable course of action.
A school board removed the name of the Lynch family from a number of schools established on land donated for their construction by the same family (archived). The school board in the case cites "racial insensitivity" as their justification for stealing the Family's history and instead crediting the schools establishment entirely to the kleptocratic embrace of herdemocracy.
Deposed socialist former US dictator Hussein Bahamas has yet offer amends for the his racial insensitivity in appointing a woman named Lynch to head Federal "law enforcement" during his reign of terror which was characterized by endemic extrajudicial killings.
News is emerging that Y Combinator darling Airbnb has begun firing customers for supporting particular political creeds. In typically SillyCon Valley hypocritical fashion, the leftist provacateurs masquerading as a "business startup" are pointing to their "Community Commitment"1 which demands the platform's users
accept people regardless of race, religion, national origin and other identifiers
Despite this Airbnb refused to eat their own dogfood when they cancelled the accounts of a number of individuals affiliated with groups professing conservative political and religious creeds attending a rally in Charlottesville, Virginia. In doing so Airbnb not only denied these activists the opportunity to use their platform on a systematically discriminatory basis, they denied the booked "hosts" the opportunity to collect revenue on their investment properties.
At this point there is little room to doubt that the VC circus in SillyCon Valley is far more concerned with reinventing new bureaucracies than engaging in business of any sort. Where before the circus freaks settled for covert political manipulation of their platforms, they have now become either bold or desperate enough to act overtly on their ideology of hate.
How many "Community Commitments" and other unread obligations have you personally clicked through just because you wanted to try some "hot" new "service" in the sharing (a.k.a. poverty) economy? ↩
The leader of the legacy Senate GOP, Mitch McConnell, is trying to console America in the wake of his Senate's failure to get on the Trump train by offering "At least Hillary Clinton isn't president". This comes as McConnell allowed his Senate, which pretends to share a political party with the President, to meet "Pro Forma" through their August recess denying elected President Donald Trump the ability to fill vacancies through uncontested 'recess appointments'. The 2018 Midterm election is only 15 months away, tick tock.