On this day in 2009 Satoshi publicly released the first Bitcoin client. It was a windows turd with a Wxwidgets interface. From this client was descended the reference client lovingly maintained by the Bitcoin Foundation, which runs on and may be statically built for any sane *nix operating system.1
So far 2017 is continuing the recent upwards trend in prices reported by fiat/Bitcoin interfaces passing a number of milestones today:
While fiat/Bitcoin interface insolvency remains a reality and connections to reality on the fiat end generally seem to be loose, much has changed since this price level was reported. Perhaps most notably in the mind of buyers, concerted social engineering efforts to undermine Bitcoin variously named XTCoin, ClassicCoin, Unlimited, and Segregated Witness have all failed, laughably so.3
Still, tomorrow any or all of these fiat emphasized fiat/Bitcoin interfaces could offer nothing for your Bitcoins while demanding you deliver the entire whole and undivided transcendental idea of the color magenta4 to them.
"volume weighted" price, strong lead by China and over 1050 Euros across the board ↩
Similar situation, above 1100 dollars with the exception of BTC-E ↩
In the only way that matters, that impossible way which would deny everyone else both magenta and the idea of magenta. ↩
The Bitcoin network mining difficulty rose from 310153855703.43334961 to 317688400354.03375244 in a modest increase of approximately 2.43 percent. While less impressive than last period's ~8.16 percent jump this adjustment, being an increase, brings yet another all time high mining difficulty. This is accompanied by continued upwards noise on fiat/Bitcoin interfaces.
The Festivus gifts continue to flow from Saint Stanislav's labs, with release of code sufficient for users to audit and create their own FUCKGOATS.
" … it is everything you theoretically need to make YOUR OWN FUCKGOATS" (log)
The vpatches are avaible at the following locations:
More information on FUCKGOATS can be found at the No Such lAbs website: http://nosuchlabs.com/
The Bitcoin network mining difficulty increased from 286765766820.55041504 to 310153855703.43334961 for an approximately 8.1558 percent climb. In addition to itterating the first significant figure by one this increase is another all time high.
Meanwhile Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen announced that zhe and zher fellow Federal Reserve governors would be increasing the target range for the Federal Funds rate from 0.25-0.5 percent to 0.5-0.75 percent. This roughly doubles the cost of borrowing for the United States just in time for The Great Again.
The Bitcoin network mining difficulty increased ~1.76% going from 281800917193.19580078 to 286765766820.55041504 in a move far less spectacular than last period's ~10.675% jump. As these things frequently are, this is yet another all time high for Bitcoin mining difficulty.
FUCKGOATS is an auditable true random number generator with highly concentrated1, significant entropy debit2 and a particularly resilient design. The price point is a shade under 3 Bitcents (shipping included). The unit can be plugged directly into any USB connector. Various tools & utilities are bundled with each purchase.
Welcome to the fifteenth edition of the Qntra Not Quite News Roundup Xtend (TM)(R). The below events are alleged to have happened, but they are decidedly innocent of newsworthiness.
- The United States President Elect has begun selecting personnel for appointed positions in the Trumpreich. The exodus of even unexpired appointees of the lame duck Hussein Bahamas regime means there are a substantial number of jobs to be filled. The application for appointments to the Trumpreich is available through GreatAgain.gov
- The domain change.gov no longer resolves.
- In a development of no surprise the US IRS has publicly requested all transaction records from Coinbase for the years 2013 through 2015 in order to check for compliance with fiat tax laws. Sorry for our complete lack of surprise.
- Two notable persons made a bet.
- Wailing, gnashing, and failure to accept the world as it is continues among the mainstream socialist media.
- Wailing, gnashing, and failure to accept the world as it is continues among urban crowds in the United States as samples collected via arrest indicate 30 to 50 percent of the protesters did not care enough to vote.
- A recent poll shows only 27 percent of Americans surveyed believe their personal finances would improve under Trumpreich, but an even more dismal 19% believed they would have benefited financially from a Clitler regime.
- Trends on fiat/Bitcoin interfaces continue to show bull, but it would still be unsurprising if they gave up on their fiction1 and began reporting magenta, dove gray, or old hot dog as their exchange rate.
- The cast and audience at a performance of the musical "Hamilton" shamed and booed Vice President Elect Mike Pence for deigning to watch their fruity paean to one of the most destructive men in American history.
Pence in our time.
Mining difficulty on the Bitcoin network increased to 281800917193.19580078 from 254620187304.06140137 for an approximately 10.675 percent increase. This is of course yet another all time high for the network mining difficulty and shows a substantial continued appetite for the extant 12.5 Bitcoin block subsidy.
The Bitcoin network difficulty made a very small ~0.395% upward movement to 254620187304.06140137 from its previous value in the latest adjustment.