Boost VC, a startup accelerator founded by Adam Draper and Brayton Williams, have closed USD $6.6 million in bezzle which will be used to fund and develop 200 companies over the next three years. Investors in this round include Adam Draper's father Tim Draper, grandfather Bill Draper, Marc Andreessen, Ben Davenport, Barry Schuler, Rothenberg Ventures, Maven II and Kilowatt Capital. 50% of the capital raised will be used to fund Bitcoin startups.
Adam Draper said:
"Our focus over the past three years has been to find the most innovative people starting world changing companies. We are interested in everything from Enterprise to Rockets, 3D printing to Bitcoin… and anything that gets us closer to building an Iron Man suit."
Bitcoin specific companies which recently graduated from Boost include:
- Atlas Card – Atlas Card is a Bitcoin based debit card that can be used anywhere Visa and Mastercard is accepted. Founded by James Schuler and Mickey Costa.
- CoinHako – CoinHako is a web wallet and exchange for Singaporeans. Founded by Gerry Eng and Yusho Liu.
- Follow The Coin – Follow The Coin is the "leading media video news platform in Bitcoin." An example of such leading media videos can be viewed here. Founded by Tina Hui.
- HashRabbit – HashRabbit provide software used to monitor bitcoin mining operations. Founded by Chris Shepherd and Gabe Evans.
- Hedgy – Hedgy is a marketplace for hedging contracts on the blockchain. Founded by Warren Paul Anderson, Tim Olson, Juan Pineda and Matt Slater.
- Honeybadgr – Honeybadgr is like.. we put a startup incubator in your startup incubator so you can incubate startups while you incubate startups. Founded by Derek Minter.
- Palarin – Palarin provide remittance using Bitcoin in the Philippines. Founded by Brian Gamido.
- Plutus – A stealth startup. No incubator is complete without at least one.
- Pylon – Pylon aims to enable users to borrow bitcoin anonymously. Founded by Kevin King.
- SFOX – SFOX aims to provide traders with the lowest bitcoin price using proprietary algorithms. Founded by Akbar Thobhani and George Melika.
- ZapChain – A social network for Bitcoiners.