In anticipation of Bitcoin Black Friday, BitPay has begun to ramp the November 28th event by sharing some statistics from last year's event while promising that this year's sale is going to be bigger and better than ever before, for the following reasons:
- Black Friday was by far BitPay’s largest day for transaction volume in 2013 with $6 million processed. Today, BitPay processes $1 million per day in transactions.
- Many high volume ecommerce merchants have began to accept bitcoin, some examples include TigerDirect, NewEgg, Warner Bros. Records and SchiffGold
- PayPal merchants can now accept bitcoin payments through BitPay in PayPal’s Payment Hub.
- Merchant acquirers such as Global Payments and Alternet Systems now have partnerships with BitPay to allow their large global network of merchants to easily integrate bitcoin payments.
- POS systems SoftTouch, VisualTouch and DC POS have integrated retail point-of-sale bitcoin payments within their systems, making bitcoin acceptance available for hundreds of thousands of new merchants.
With Ethereum the Clown scheduled to make an appearance and long lines of people wanting to ride the whitewater rapids of Buterin's Waterfall, why not skip the day and simply purchase more bitcoin instead?!