The Bitcoin4iGaming Conference, which kicks off next month, will be headlined by Jon Matonis. Matonis, who is the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, believes his role is to educate industry leaders in order that they may navigate the Bitcoin ecosystem.
"The Bitcoin4iGaming Conference aims to bring the iGaming1 and the Bitcoin communities together for the first time, allowing delegates to network, learn and do business together."
said Shona O’Donnell, head of operations for iGaming Business.
Jon Matonis's opening speech, which begins at 9:30am, will look at the ways in which Bitcoin provides advantages to the gaming sector, recent regulatory developments and the implementation and successes of Bitcoin for iGaming.
“The igaming industry is on the cutting edge of adopting new financial technology for frictionless, international transactions,” Matonis said.
The 1 day event, which will take place at the Dexter House in London on the 24th of November, 2014 will feature 8 talks including:
- 10:00am – Bitcoin Disasters And Can They Happen Again (Panel). This talk will discuss how and why companies such as Mt.Gox collapse and what can be done to prevent catastrophes like this in the future. The panel will consist of Christian Papathanasiou, Eitan Jankelewitz, Esteban Van Goor and Stuart Hoegner.
- 11:15am – The Regulation Of Bitcoin For iGaming: Perspectives From IOM, Malta, Alderney (Panel). Providing insights from the first regulators in iGaming and how they are driving Bitcoin towards a future where it is a compliant payment method for operators. Panelists include Eitan Jankelewitz, Joseph Cuschieri, Peter Greenhill and Robin Le Prevost.
- 12:00pm – The Advantages Of Bitcoin For iGaming (Panel). An interactive session that will allow conference attendees to ask Bitcoin casino operators how they work and why they are popular with bitcoiners. The panelists for this sessions include Eric Benz2 and Ivan Montik3.
- 12:40pm – Implementing Bitcoin in iGaming. Eric Benz will step attendees through implementation of Bitcoin into online gambling, how to minimise risk from bitcoin volatility, how to exchange bitcoin for fiat as well as how operators can implement bitcoin as a legal and compliant payment option for customers.
- 2:30pm – The Economic Future Of Bitcoin And Other Non-Fiat Cryptocurrencies. Jez San4 and Jonathan Levin5 will discuss the viability of Bitcoin for the long term as well as their rationale behind the long-term positions that they hold in various cryptocurrencies.
- 3:00pm – BTC for Business: Bitcoin Use In Other Industries (Panel). Andy James, Eric Benz and Max Keiser will look at how Bitcoin has been implemented in other online industries besides iGaming.
- 4:15pm – Bitcoin in the Real World – Bitcoin ATMs and Exchanges (Panel). Panelists include Alex Kotenko6, George Basiladze7 and Jonathan Harrison who will look at how difficulty purchasing and exchanging bitcoin into local fiat generates friction, prevents mass adoption and why Bitcoin ATMs can remove such impediments.
- 4:45pm – Beyond Bitcoin – Four More Altcoins That You Mustn’t Ignore (Panel). Marco Streng8 and Simon Dixon will discuss cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin and the trends that will assist you to pick the winners.
iGaming Business is a long established B2B magazine focused on the gaming industry and was named Best Industry Publication of the year at the International Gaming Awards in 2012 and 2013.